Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Happy New Year 2010!!

I hope everyone has enjoyed their holidays with loved ones and friends.  I love celebrating Jesus' birthday and hope that my girls came away excited about their gifts but more importantly understanding the Real Christmas Story and why we celebrate this holiday.

So does anyone have big plans for the New Year?  I don't normally venture out and love to bring in the evening with my daughter.  I am excited about 2010 and am ready to say goodbye to 2009.  Not that I haven't been blessed in so many ways but this past year was challenging in so many ways.

I hope to write my list of my top 10 things to have happened in 2009 because we have had some awesome times and things happen to our family to include our exchange daughter/sister, Nadja who has been living with us for almost 5 months now.   So do you have a list?

Also one thing I do thanks to Ali Edwards is choose one word for the new year that will impact my life.  I started this in 2007 with Ali when she started this and you can read about this on her blog at www.aliedwards.typepad.com. 

2009 - Live my BEST life now
2008 - JOY
2007 - LIVE

I will come back with a list I am choosing from as I have been thinking about this the last few days.  I hope to implement a mission statement as well.  I also would like to have some goals this year with some direction instead of flying by the seat of my pants.

Here is one of my latest layouts I scrapped with the November kit from www.thescrapbookget-away.com.  I love how this turned out and love that I have the fun memories of this special fall day with three of my favorite girls.  As I get older, I have really seen more beauty in the everyday things like the color of the year, tress, leaves, clothes....the changing of the seasons.  I guess that is one thing about getting older is that you really learn to appreciate so many things today.



So I have a few more goodies to upload and then I hope to scrap some tonight while it is snowing again here in TX.  This snow is so so unusual but we love it and will enjoy while we have it.  Hope you have a blessed day!  Diana 






No comments: