Sunday, December 26, 2010

365 Days of Giving, Compassion and Kindness Starting December 25th....It Is So Much Better to Give Than Receive!!

This upcoming year is going to a year of giving.  Yes 365 days a year because I truly BELIEVE that giving is the best gift you can give yourself and the JOY that comes along with the act is feeling that is so worth taking the time to do. 

Yesterday I started with the gift of giving my daughter time with her dad's family.  Even though I missed her and knew I would, it meant more to me to give her this gift being that she just met and is wanting to spend quality time with her "new" family.  I hope she has had the time of her life and from the sounds of it she has but the good news is she is ready to come home which I am so excited about.  I really missed her and don't know what to do with myself when she is gone.  I hope they enjoyed having her as much as she enjoyed being with them!

My giving today was of a few messages/texts and a birthday wish to friends I adore and love even though I don't get to see them as often as I would like to. 

What will my giving be for tomorrow?  I'm not sure yet but I do know I want to be creative, deliberate and unseen in what "we" do...yes I want Demi on this one tomorrow.  I love RAKS or what some know as Random Acts of Kindness  I hope to have days of random and deliberate.  I also want to make sure my daughter joins me on this journey in the upcoming year.  Wanna join us? 

I can't wait to make a difference, one family, one person and one day at a time!  I will be documenting this like I did with my 365 days of scrapping.  I enjoyed that and am really looking forward to seeing some positive changes in our life and fully expect and BELIEVE that true JOY comes from giving and making someone else's life better.  It warms my heart knowing that there are so many good people in the world and there are so many that care and will do something when they know others are hurting or need help.  I have been on the receiving side this holiday season and I am thankful and humbled and cant wait to give back in ways that we can right now. 

I would love to hear some ways in which you have shared kindness or ways you like to help others.  Thanks for sharing your awesome ideas and thanks for making my day better by coming here as well. 

Kim, thank you for stoppig by this week!  Love you and miss you!

Julie :-))), so hoping you feel better and that you can enjoy the rest of your holidays before the kiddos go back to school.

Again hope you had the merriest of holidays so far and that you are looking forward to a year full of JOY, LOVE and PEACE.

xoxoxo
Diana    

2 comments:

Michelle Gautreaux said...

what a great idea! i might have to take you up on the challenge beginning on the 1st!!! my kids will love this.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Such an AWESOME idea BIT! I'm not feeling better yet....hoping too soon! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)