Friday, December 24, 2010

Believe In Miracles....

be·lieve [ bi lv ]

accept something as true: to accept that something is true or real

accept somebody as truthful: to accept that somebody is telling the truth

credit somebody with something: to accept that somebody or something has a particular quality or ability

Synonyms: trust, have faith in, be certain of, have confidence in, accept as true, rely on
 
Today started off huge surprise and answer to a prayer.  Believe in MIRACLES and they will come.  Ou neighbor Bill came over this morning with a card.  We talked for a bit about life, careers and moving.  After he left I opened the card to put up in my walkway and inside was a $100.00.  Yes that's right, 5 $20.00.  I really don't even know what to say.  Thanks doesn't seem like enough especially when I know he was laid off not long ago.  I definitely love our neighbors, some are like parents and most have adopted Demi as another granddaughter.  We will miss them and this neighborhood and the family like feeling you get everyday.  You would have to live it to see and believe how wonderful it really is...but I will make sure that no matter where we live that we will come back.  I know God hears and know our needs as he constantly shows us in answered prayers through wonderful friends like Bill.  
 
Yesterday my BIL brought over the gifts for what I thought was Demi from the teachers at the school where I sub and will be working.  They more or less adopted Demi and again thanks doesn't seem like enough.  I am so grateful and humbled at the kindness that has been shown to us over the last several months.  Not only did they adopt her but there were presents in their for me too.  Thank you "angels"!!
 
Now if only I was getting ready for Santa, last minute wrapping...cookies and milk...but that will not happen here this year.  I am praying that Demi's Christmas in SA is wonderful even after her cousins had to leave to go to their dads?  One thing I am really thankful for today is that over the last 10 years and the years to come, I have and will not have the issues with my dd when it comes to holidays and every other weekends.  I know I have been blessed as has Demi with stability and love here by not having the divorce and custody issues.  She has seen some of that the last couple of days.  Hoping she knows how lucky we are that we have not had that and hopefully her dad and I will continue to have her best interest at heart ALWAYS. 
 
So tonight, I am renting Rust and Triage from Redbox while creating some new layouts for some challenges all while the fireplace is going and my house smells like grandma's kitchen and cookies.  Life is so awesome!  Not the norm but peaceful and warm none the less.  Can't wait to hear about the reindeer food Demi will make and put out soon.  Actually I am curious to hear about the rest of her day and to hear the excitement in her voice about Santa coming there.  She does know her big Santa will be there but she is excited about giving her gifts more than getting gifts.  Love her so much for the wonderful young lady she is..so thoughtful and giving, always wanting to make others happy.  What did I ever do to deserve her?  I dont' know but there isn't a day that goes by that I am not thanking our Heavenly Father. Tomorrow she will be off to her dad's  her 1st Christmas with them.  I hope someone will take pictures for me.
 
So merry christmas eve.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

much love my friend - xo
Merry Christmas and a brighter 2011!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Merry Christmas! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)