Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 18 ~ Thankful Tuesday and A Special Birthday Today

Happy Birthday to my gram, she would have been 104 years old today.  What is truly amazing to me is that she lived until she was 97 years old.  She passed on my 40th birthday and it marked a very special day to me in ways that I never saw coming.  I admire my gram as I do my mom, both are incredible women for many reasons.  Our family was so blessed to have her around for so many years.  Happy Birthday Gram who taught me that every day is a gift as she thought because she meerly got up for another day!!

Thankful Tuesday Today:
1.  My faith, the bible and our salvation
2.  My family and friends
3.  My new position as a tutor
4.  My health
5.  My 5 senses
6.  Compassion
7.  Sympathy which is so different than empathy
8.  Great neighbors
9.  Prayers, Miracles and HOPE
10  Random Acts of Kindness   

No prompt for today but hoping you had a great Tuesday and that you have been able to bless someone and feel the JOY of giving to someone unexpectently....if not it is not too late!!

I did mention my word for 2011 in this post but want to give it an explanation so I will be back tomorrow to give your more details.  I am excited about my word and the fact that out of the blue my sweet, caring, intuitive 10 year old angel said that "this word" is what she would choose for me?  A God Thing....love life, this life, this moment and time in our lives of a journey that is yet to be told.  Stay tuned....Give The Gift of Giving and see if you are not more blessed to give than receive this week.   

xoxoxo
Diana

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awwwww Happy Birthday to your Grandma! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)