Monday, April 27, 2009

Random Act of Kindness and Paying It Forward today

Good Morning,

Since it is Monday morning, I thought it would be a great day and time to go and do something nice for someone else today. What better way to start the week then by paying it forward and trying to make the world a better place to live today ONE PERSON AT A TIME!!

So here are some ideas:
1. Pick up your neighbors paper and actually hand it to them
2. Have a cup of coffee with an elderly neighbor for some companionship
3. Do something special for your own kids - write on the bathroom mirrors
4. Make chocolate chip pancakes for them with some fresh starwberries...just to say I love you!
5. Write 5 people a note as to why you admire them and what they mean to you.
6. Make someone dinner tonight - maybe they have been sick...maybe a teacher...someone who could use a break.
7. Take some cookies to your favorite fast food restaurant to let them know you appreciate them.
8. Take some supplies/extra scrappy goods to your ds/dd school -
9. Take magazines to your local school or retirement home
10. Donate some clothes after you clean out your closet or dd's closet today
11. Take drinks/drinks to the local school - I do this one often because I know they love it and appreciate it so much - the office and my dd's grade from Sonic
12. Offer to babysit someone's kids - everyone is looking to save money if they can even afford to go out - maybe they could just some down time.

If you have some other great ideas please come back here and share them with us today. I would also love to hear if you found time today to do something nice for someone else.

Did I tell you that I am eagerly waiting for a book that Julie aka lalscrap is sending me. The Shack, have you read it? What did you think?

I will be back shortly to post my Free Shopping layout.

Now go and make it a great day!! Remember to take a few minutes to start or end your day with a list of things and people you are thankful for today. It really does make a positive impact on how you look at your day.

Thought for Today"Being fully present automatically lifts your spirits. Clears your mind of distractions. Brings clarity. Even some joy."
—Oprah


Blessings,
Diana


Diana

3 comments:

chris a said...

Your start to blogging is quite amazing. I read through your first blog postings and you really put your heart and soul into your writing. I do that every once in a while on my blog - talk about my life, give thanks, and even vent - but mostly I post photos of art and craft and comment about them. I think we have all experienced feelings like you discuss in your first posting - I used to feel like I just wanted to run away (like a child just run, no real plan) but as I have gotten older, things change so much - children grow up and leave, loved ones pass, and you are still the same person you always were. Old things go away but new doors and possibilities open. I hope you keep up your blogging. I will drop back by.
Chris

Carolyn Ward said...

I read the Shack and thought it was beautiful. Gets you thinking and gives you a warm fuzzie. Enjoy it!

Deanna said...

I love it D!
I will make the effort to pay it forward. I always have the best intentions, but life gets in the way.
no more. love you!!! great blog, too!
d