Tuesday, April 28, 2009

If Mama is Happy, everyone is happy!!!

I hope everyone has had a great day! I am happy for 2 reasons this evening.

First, my dd took her last TAKs test today for 3rd grade. This is the mandatory testing for grades 3rd and above, you know, President Bush's leave no children behind. I am relieved and hopeful that she did well and will be commended which is 90 and above. We will know in about 3 weeks.

Secondly, one of my clients has finally set up 2 interviews for Friday in CA. I love being busy and miss the adrenaline from setting up interviews and making placements. For those of you who don't know, I assist military personnel in finding new careers but with the economy everything has really slowed down. It so reminds me of 9/11. Back then I barely kept the roof over our head. I was a new mom back then and really felt the stress of not having any money.

I am in such a different place now. Even though I haven't made any money in 5 months or so, I am at peace with where I am. It is hard to tell my dd that we don't have money, they just don't understand and think that mom always has money and the bank cards always work? Kids are cute aren't they?

I am including a video here from our pastor at Centerpoint Church about being faithful and not to worry. I needed to hear this today and it was great timing.

http://www.tangle.com/view_video.php?viewkey=ae1a61ea87847329f7e0

So as I am ending my day, mama is happy and that means everyone is happy around here. Okay so it is just me and Demi but I love ending my day on a good note and with some positive feelings about the rest of the week. I feel motivated to keep working smart and to hang in there!

PS - Happy 18th Birthday to my niece Shannon yesterday!! Devin I hope your chocolate milk was good :-).

One more thing, on SIStv or http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/, I ran across this blog from snickerdoodle and Shalene giving away some vinyl letters for her 600 post. How cool is that? Here is the link to her site, http://sjbowlby.blogspot.com/ and her new site is http://www.adheringwords.com/. Go and check it out! Shalene, I love your blogs too.

Love and hugs and until tomorrow enjoy the rest of your evening!!

Diana

2 comments:

Bowlby Family Organazation said...

Thank you so much for posting about my giveaways and leaving a comment. I enjoy your blog as well!!

Traci Keriazakos said...

Hi BIT!

Loving this new venture of yours! I will be checking in here and seeing what you are up to!

Miss you!
Traci