Monday, May 18, 2009

PIFfing today (Paying It Forward)

I saw this on www.helpothers.org and thought this was worth sharing today. Most of you know that I believe in the power of paying it forward one person at a time so that we can all do our part in making this world a better place.

"To give without any reward, or any notice, has a special quality of its own." -- Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Idea of the Week

"This morning I baked my favourite chocolate-chip-and-peanut cookies, filled a tin and wrote a thank you card. On Wednesdays, the "eco-bus" stops on our street so that people can drop off their recyclable waste. The people working in the bus are always so helpful, taking your bags to empty them into the appropriate containers. Today, I waited until there were some other people on the bus and the workers would not notice me. I got on through the front door and simply put my tin of cookies with the card on the little ledge by the windscreen and went on to put my waste into the containers. I was so proud that nobody had noticed. I'd love to have seen the face of the driver when he sat down to drive on and found the tin." - pat

No comments: