Monday, June 22, 2009

Be A Host Family for an Exchange Student next school year!

Happy Monday to everyone! I hope you had a great weekend and enjoyed Father's Day.

I wanted to share some exciting news and encourage you to possibly join me in the fun.

In August, Demi and I will be hosting an exchange student next year from Germany. We are so excited to welcome Nadja into our family. She is 16 and will be attending the same high school that I did. She will live with us until the end of the school year. I will share her profile so you can see the type of children/youth that are involved in this program hosted by CIEE. You can visit their website at www.ciee.org if you are interested and or I can put the Regional Contact in touch with you. (I was contacted via email blindly which I am so excited about and then I found out that the student my sister has been sponsoring in her home this past year is part of the same program.)

What a wonderful gift to give to a young impressionable youth wanting to learn more about the US and our lifestyle not to mention get a valuable education all while living at your home. Did I say how excited I am/Demi is to be getting a big sister.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to answer them and or put you in contact with a local representative. PS - We have our final home interview today so that our rep can meet us and view our home. We are excited to meet Shana as well and can't wait to start communication with her this summer.

Hugs and kisses,
Diana

No comments: