1. My hands are small; please don't expect perfection whenever I make a bed, draw a picture or throw a ball. My legs are short; please slow down so I can keep up.
2. My eyes have not seen the world as yours have; please let me explore safely. Don't restrict me unnecessarily.
3. Housework will always be there. I'm little for only a short time - please take the time to explain things to me about this wonderful world, and so so willingly.
4. My feelings are tender, please be sensitive to my needs. Don't nag me all day long. Treat me as you would like to be treated.
5. I am a special gift from God; please treasure me as God intended you to do, holding me accountable for my actions, giving me guidelines to live by and disciplining me in a loving manner.
6. I need your encouragement to grow. Plase go easy on the criticism; remember you can criticize the things I do without critizing me.
7. Please give me the freedom to make decisions concerning myself. Permit me to fail so that I can learn from my mistakes. Then someday I'll be prepared to make the kind of decisions life requires of me.
8. Please don't do things over for me. Somehow that makes me feel that my efforts didn't quite measure up to your expectations. I know it's hard, but please dont try to compare me with my brother and sister.
9. Please don't be afraid to leave for a weekend together. Kids need vacations from parents, just as parents need vacations from kids. Besides, it's a great way to show us kids that your marriage is very special.
10. Please take me to Sunday school and church regularly, setting up a good example for me to follow. I enjoy learning about God!
I am not sure where I got this handout but I love these commandments so much I am framing them to read everyday. It is a great reminder of the gift of our children and parenting.