Saturday, February 6, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude and Happiness....

I am on a quest to really dig deep and find those things that bring me true happiness this year.  How can I get there and really feel happiness and joy this year?  I have so much I am grateful for but I don't always find myself in that state of happiness or feeling it deep down inside. Do you know what I am talking about? You know that feeling that you can't wait to get up and find what is in store for you and your family today.  Like you don't want to waste a minute  You know when you see people you want some of what they have!  For me it has a lot of do with what I see as success and my wrapping my self worth up in how well I do with my business and what I have found out this past year is how much I am able to do for my kids and others financially and in terms of doing for them whether it be in attending shows, buying clothes they desire, treating others to small gifts and in general because this is how I have been living for the past 15 years.  Living simply but able to do for others without thinking of my financial situation.  Why I dont know but I struggle with this even knowing there are other things I can do that cost nothing.  I have often said I am wired like a man in the sense that I feel a lot of accomplishment and joy in being able to provide and help my family and others.  So when all that changed last year, I lost that feeling of what I think is happniess along the way.  So here I am today, looking forward to the New Decade, New Year, New Day and our NEW life as we know it today.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." -The Bible-Phil 4:6-7 NKJV

I asked myself this question today.  Does having an attitude of gratitude always bring happiness or help us get there even when things are challenging and not as planned?  I know it is always easier to be happy and feel that joy when life is going as planned.  I am speaking from with in my heart and mind today.  I have always been a pretty happy person but as of late just am not feeling it.  I miss that feeling and also laughing/smiling.  I miss what I think is my happy place but I also know that my journey has taken me to an even better place with all that has happened and that I have to continue to work on what that is today. 

"Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation." -Brian Tracy

So in my pursuit for happiness this NEW year, I am trying to let go of the old and what I knew and was comfortable with in my life,  It is time to embrace the new paths and doors and the blessings God has in store for me/family in this NEW season.    I read not along ago in Victoria Osteen's book, that sometimes we have to let go of what we think are good things in our life for gifts the Lord has in store for us.  Sometimes that is easier said then done if you are like me and have my mindset, if it is not broken why fix it? 

I have also realized that I had become stale in my zest for life along the way.  So it is time for me to take responsbility for where I am today and be open to the NEW things that will come this year.  I am excited about today, what the future holds and honestly what happiness and JOY can come from it all.   

Lastly, it is my belief that by starting or ending your day with your gratitude list that we bring ourselves to a place where we focus on attracting ourselves to the Abundance and Happiness that we all desire and deserve in your life..  It is one of the most important things that you can do for attracting and manifesting the things that you desire into your life. In fact, if you have a desire to consistently attract desired outcomes, it's essential that you do this so that you can live a life of happiness deep down inside since I know that God created all of us to experience this in life!


xoxoxo
BiT  (blessedintexas)





 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great post Diana! Those scriptures in Philippians are some of my absolute favorites.

I pray the best for you this year. I miss our daily "thankful" posts on SIStv - that was always inspiring and helpful to me.

xo

Unknown said...

Wonderful ideas. Love this post.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Great post and we definitely need to be more grateful.