Monday, June 27, 2011

The Best Medicine Available....

Happy Monday friends!! 

What is this medicine that I am talking about? 


I am currently reading another book written by Joyce Meyers called "I Dare You".  This is a wonderful and enlightening book.  She mentions many remedies to help you get going and to live the life you were meant to live.  She also says that fun and laughter bring restoration and rest to the soul. 

So my daughter are going to have a stay vacation of sorts while grandma is away.  We pray that she has a great trip visiting with my sister and her family in NC.  While she is away we hope to relax and enjoy our home.  My mom is a little OCD when it comes to house cleaning, vacuuming and doing laundry and because of that makes it a little hard at times just to sit and enjoy our home.  Do you know anyone like this that spends so much time worrying about the order of things that they don't enjoy what they truly have...I don't understand it but do understand the need to control life. 

Which brings me to another story that I have been thinking about often.  Like my mom, I believe her generation has been hit very hard with the economic issues of security and work.  At 68 my mom lost her job of 31 years.  Talk about life changing and not in a good way.  While in a whataburger last week, I saw a woman who was probably 75 years old.  I felt bad for her and thought this is not the life she probably envisioned for herself.  While I admired her too and my mom for finding work at half the pay and the type of work much harder than it should be.  My mom and this woman are just too of millions and it made me want to talk with her about her personal story.  I have often said and believe that behind every face is a great story and I often think how I would like to bring this to light and share these stories. 

I really do think as a nation, community and individuals that we need to be more sensitive to others and to love our neighbors.  That when we see someone in pain to reach out to them in a way that you are comfortable with....just letting others know that you care could be enough to change the course of someone else's day. 

Why does there have to be so much pain and heartache in the world we live in?  Is this all life has to offer?  As difficult and challengin as life can be and be seen, we are blessed and have to remember those things and be thankful each day we get.  This is coming from someone who understands and is walking by faith.

What is "walking by faith"?  This is trusting in our heavenly father that his plans for our future are best and with his partnership we will be better than we could ever dream or imagine.  Somedays this is harder to do because we are human and we let our feelings get the best of us.  

So two things, what are you thankful for today and what makes you smile and laugh?

I am thankful for:
1.  The gift of life today
2.  My family and friends
3.  My mom going on a vacation to visit my sister.  I am excited for my sister that she will get this time. 
4.  That my clear air card is working today, in this spot and now :-)!
5.  Having a roof over our heads and AC.
6.  DP and caffeine
7.  Rest
8.  Spiritual Refreshment
9.  *Purex Softner Grains* - this is my new great product...if you haven't used it, you have to try it.  If you love great smelling laundry.  You can buy this at the dollar store for 4.00 and print a 1.00 coupon on their FB site.  (It is 5.99 at Walgreens but it is a much better deal the other way) 
10.Prayer, Answered Prayers and quiet time to read....I love reading and enjoyed reading to Demi last night .  Love having "us" time and spending quality time each day.

Things that make me laugh....
1.  My Dem....her laugh makes me laugh and her view on life...
2.  A good comedy show which I haven't been to in a very long time....
3.  You tube videos that we have seen...I think i will be heading over there today bcause I dont laugh enough these days and if you want to see some funny ones, you can look up Bon qui qui....she has the King Burger and the Nail Salon videos.
4.  My 2 yr old niece..she says the funniest things!!
5.  A good game of ping pong with my police officer friends....
*I am sad to admit that I had to think about what makes me laugh and I realize that I need to incorporate more fun and laugher in my life today, NOW!   No more focusing on the things I can't control and more time spenton doing what I can to change that....whether it is volunteering or coninuing to fill out applications then I will do that all while finding time to enjoy the simple things in life.  Wanna join me?

Did I mention that I actually made the time to scrap this weekend?  I love my 2pager that I created and will be back to show you the completed pages once I put on the pictures.  I am also creating a page today called "Dream Catcher" and will show it as well.  I am going to try to be published this year in a magazine, completing one things on my bucket list.  Do you have a bucket list?

Have a magnificant Monday and remember to tell those you love that you do......and ......find time to love your neighbors and make someone else's day better.  I love just thinking of how Demi and I can do that...maybe it will be sweet in mailboxes today....I am going to look at non profit groups in our areas to see if there is something out of our norm that we can participate in this week. 

xoxoxoxo
BiT   

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I totally agree BIT!! And hehehehehe.... I enjoy things... but I am also OCD about my home... for me to enjoy it... it has to be in order! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

Hello my friend! I love your stories and your pure and real faith! I don't know that I "know" anyone more faithful than you. Still thankful (I sure miss those days of posting our thankfuls on SIS) and loving life!

Love to you my TXBFF! :)