Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy 11th Birthday Demi "dungbeetle"!!

What an amazing birthday week it has been for you!  This year I decided to give a gift a day to celebrate your "birthday week" which just added to the thrill of turning another year older.  Let's just say you have enjoyed it so far....with a few days to go.  Oh by the way, my niece and Demi's cousin have nicknamed her dungbeetle...isn't that funny?

It has definitely been a very busy and fun week starting with PALS camp with our Hurst Police Dept starting on Monday.  They do such a terrific job for 60 children in our local elementaries with games, swimming, team building, putt putt and a movie, this year the movie was Kung Fu.  It is all for free too!  For some of these kids if not all would not be able to attend a camp or week of fun like this without our police, vendors who donate time and food.  We live in such a wonderful and giving community with loving and caring volunteers and officers.  I was lucky enough to be able to be a mentor taking photos week along with spending time with my daughter and my brother who is a Police Officer with the city.   (If I can get my clear card to stay on long enough I will upload pictures.  I must say that if I could do this for a living I would.....I love it!

So this weekend is Demi's best friends last weekend here in town for another year.  Alyssa's dad is due back from war in Afghanistan in about 2 months so they are on their way back to KY.  It has been an incredible year for them both in 5th grade.  I am hoping and praying that Demi can stay busy until she returns.  She was gone th eyear before and it seemed like the longest year.  HOpefully with club cheer and tumbling and 6th grade work, she will have enough to keep her mind focused on what is at hand and maybe she will meet some friends along this year.

Wishing my angel another wonderful and amazing year at 11.  Here is to happiness, joy, peace, grace, forgiveness, fun and many more amazing memories to enjoy for years to come.  I love you so much and am excited to see what this brings for you and our family.  Thanks for being the angel you are and for being so easy going.  You make life so worth living and me so grateful for you and our continued blessings together as a family.  Muah.......xoxoxo


  

No comments: