Friday, June 10, 2011

Love Lazy Summer Days and Fridays.....

I love Fridays and the start of the weekend.  Today was one of those days when I stayed in my pjs and read thruughout watching FL vs Casey Anthony.  (Why do women often feel guilty doing this or taking a day off from the normal routine of cleaning, laundry or basic errands?  Why don't we give ourselves permission to do this more often?) I am fascinated with the case and the science they disclosed this week.  Afterall I did get my minor in college in Poli Sci because of my interest in law.  Somedays I think I should have chosen that career path.   So what do you think about the case?  Are you following the tv shows?  I have to admit I often think "who would or could do this to a 2 yr old precious child of God"?  It makes no sense to me and I pray for her parents daily.  I cannot imagine walking in their shoes and pray that God will wrap his loving and healing arms around them both and her brother.  It is just SAD and heartbreaking to see all this unfold.

So tomorrow it will be a full day of fun and sun.  Swimming in the early morning before it reaches 100 degrees and then we are off to see Judy Moody's new movie.  I love children's movies!  Then I am going to scrap the day away for the first time in months.  I am going to join in some challenges on some blogs that I enjoy reading daily/weekly.  If you know of any good blogs and or books to read please feel free to pass them along. 

I will leave you with a summary of my reading today from The Relationship Principles of Jesus:  It's often in what seems to be the lowest spot that we find life's greatest blessings.  The richest relationships, the purest joys, the most profound influences are often found when we are out of the limelight and feel free to simply love and serve.  Isn't this amazing and so true?

Have a wonderful weekend and remember to hugs those you love.  Try to find time for random acts of kindness and love.  These opportunities are everywhere if you will open your eyes and heart.

xoxoxo
Diana    

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sounds like you are going to have a fab weekend! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)