Monday, August 13, 2012

Blogs, Books, and the Bible

Hi Friends,

I ran across this prayer with Bible Virtues for our children on Keeping It Simple today.  Love this and would like to refer to this daily.  I did a lot of praying today on the way to her school regarding her schedule and teachers.   Love her counselor and am so excited about Demi starting junior high 2 weeks today. 

http://keepingitpersonal.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/31-Biblical-Virtues-to-pray-for-our-children-printable.jpg

 

I wanted to share some new blogs and books that I am reading or have read recently:

Books:
1.  do you knowwho i am by Angela Thomas
2.  Jesus Calling Devotional by Sarah Young
3.  How to Find Your Personal Path to Success
4.  Soul Detox by Craig Groeschel
5.  The Chocolate Diaries by Karen Scalf Linamen
6.  Stepping Up Bible Study by Beth Moore
7.  Broken Open by Elizabeth Lesser

Blogs:
1.  Jennifer Maggio/the Life of a Single Mom
2.  www.firestarterstories.blogspot.com
3.  Keeping It Personal with Teri Johnson (she wrote Overcoming the Nevers)
4.  One More Serving with Kathy Brunner
5.  Finding your Firewith Kathy Brunner
6.  Blessback with Julie Saffrin at www.juliesaffrin.com
7.  www.mybelieversguidecom
8.  www.thefathereffect.com or www.theperfectfather.org by John Finch
9.  Congratulations, you have tweens

Books that I have heard are good but haven't read yet are:
1..The Harbinger
2. Indvisible by James Robison
3.  Relentless by John Bevere
4.  The Time is Now by Ryan Sobbs
5.  Crazy Love
7.  Unglued by Lysa Terkurst

These are just a few from my list.  If you have read any great books or know of inspiring blogs please share them with us here and please let me know you stopped by so I can visit your blog too!!

Also if you live in the MN area, Teri Johnson and some of these women are holding a conference called Refine on September 20th and 21st.   (You can get the link at Keeping It Persoal)

This summer has been amazing.  No we haven't gone anywhere far away or anything like that, but I have had a little extra money from tutoring over the last several weeks to take Demi to NRH2O, Church Camps, Music Camp, and go to visit her best friend in Forney about 50 minutes away and cousins and gramdma in San Antonio.  We have spent quality time together and we have had some amazing conversations driving in the car.  It is funny that some of our best times together have not cost us anything but gas.  Blessed and broken and like Humpty Dumpty, I am slowly putting the pieces back together again all while attempting and moving toward a life filled with passion and purpose, who would've thunk it after 3 long and challenging years? If this is you, hang in there!

On a sad note, my cousin, Brian Isbell died back on June 23rd from prostate cancer at the young age of 38.  His memorial was moving and given by his 2 best friends from high school.  One who spoke about him and all their fun and adventures which he did often.  He loved the outdoors, salsa dancing, skiing, rafting, biking to name a few of this outings.  The second was a letter to Brian, thanking him for all he was and all that he brought to others with his loving and easy-going nature.  Life is so short but I know you don't need me to tell you that.  The most wonderful thing was that he gave his life to Christ and was baptized in his last 3 weeks so we will meet again in heaven someday soon.  Until then he is in no more pain and is celebrating with our family up there today.  Makes me smile just thinking about it. Here is the picture that I took when God said to me, "No more worries Diana, Brian is coming home to me now.  This picture is amazing and at the time, I took this the sky was opening up and the sun peeking out and I just knew what I heard was from God.  I had been praying that he would ask Jesus to be his Savior nnd God answered the prayers of many who wanted to secure his place in heaven so that someday we would all meet again.  I had been so afraid that this wouldn't happen because he was skeptic and thinking about the other frightened me too.  Brian's  best gift he could have given was this to his new bride and family ever!!



Today is my sister, Donna and her husband, James' 24th wedding anniversary.  They are both such an inspiration, not only have they built a marriage centered around God, they have managed to survive with many challenges over the last 5 years with the scare of cancer with their youngest son and a loss of income, their only income and somehow, someway keep on going for their other 6 kids when it would have been so much easier to give up.  Happy Anniversary Sis, here is to 24 more filled with JOY, PEACE, HEALING, GRACE AND LOTS OF LOVE!!!

Here are just a few photos to celebrate our sizzling summer and Demi turning 12 back in June:.





These girls are Demi's best friends up top, Kenz and Alyssa and the bottom picture is with her two cousins, Sami and Lexi that live in San Antonio.

Today I am thankful for God's grace, His love, His plans, the many wonderful people I have met and served at Mardel, quality time with Demi, time to read, answered prayers, technology, my mom's new and fresh attitude towards us and my nephew coming back from his 8 month deployment this week.

Remember it will bring you great joy to seize an opportunity to make the world a better place with A Random Act of Love.

Have a wonderful and joy-filled Tuesday!!

xoxoxo,
BiT
  

No comments: