Saturday, September 21, 2013

Having A Grateful and Servant Heart When Life Is Challenging ~

Could the week get any more challenging?  This is probably a question I  should not be asking today!  Do you ever get to the point where you wonder if what you share is too much?

I think it is great to share the GOOD things in our life but I also think that by revealing our brokenness, that we keep in real.  It is during these times that we let others see our lives are not perfect  and it is during these times that we are able to open doors to share what our Heavenly Father has done and is doing in our lives.

Are you like me and often think no one could possibly understand what I am going through or how I really feel?  Aren't relationships built on commonalities and shared experiences both good and bad?  I think so!

Some days it is good to just let loose and let those you consider family and friends know where we are and we do that sometimes by asking for prayers openly.  So today, I wanted to share some of where I am with those who know me well and those who don't.  I am hoping that you will continue to pray for me, Demi, and our life together as a family and in our community.

I have been needing and wanting to make some changes that are going to require some uncomfortable choices and hope that the Lord will provide for me as I step out in FAITH.  I am feeling like the weight of the world is on my shoulders and it just keeps getting heavier, if that is possible.  Always having to be strong and holding it together can be emotionally and physically draining.  I have asked Him about His plans and honestly don't understand them.  It has been tough and life does not seem to be letting up.  There is very little down time when you parent alone (does parenting by phone count?) and work 14 hour days several times week.  On the one hand, I am glad I can do it and that I am blessed to be able to teach and serve in the ways he has entrusted to me.  But there comes a time, when you have to dig deep and BE STILL so that we can all hear what we are being asked to do.  Is there anyone who understands where I am coming from?  I know I am not just speaking to single parents or those who are working several jobs to make ends meet, I think we call that SURVIVING but this is not LIVING and THRIVING.  It can be a vicious cycle but I have chosen to have a grateful heart and to see and look at things in a positive way, for Demi and myself because I need her to know we are BLESSED even with all the bumps we have traveled over in her lifetime together.  The lessons I hope she is learning is that life is a gift and it is up to us to create and live our BEST Life centered around Christ.

When you are down to nothing, you will find the treasures of your heart and find what really matters and is important. I think about how those who don't live a Christ centered life deal and cope with the unexpected that seem to catch each and everyone of us off guard.  I am not talking about going to church on Sundays and Wednesday but having a REAL relationship with our Heavenly Father who loves and cares for us deeply.  Life is not always a rainbow but even with challenges, we can find the good what we have and also what we can do for someone else.  That is where the true joy in life comes!  It is when we can bless someone else just because........you can fill in the blank today.

So with all this being said today, I hope that by more of us sharing our true and inner feelings and  that by being more open to not having to be the perfect person or perfect family and or have the life that seems to be a little harder then we would all like or expected or even dreamed of, that there is HOPE,  YOU MATTER, and ARE LOVED.  He showed us how much when Jesus died on the cross for all of us.

I will end today with the three things I am grateful for today are:  Demi and the joy and love she brings to each and every day and her passion for living everyday to it's fullest, her easygoing and forgiving ways,  the opportunity we both will have to love and encourage others today!  Be Blessed, Bumps and All <3 p="">
Diana

No comments: