Sunday, September 1, 2013

Labor Day Weekend 2013

Hello from sunny and HOT Texas!

I am sharing this amazing video made at Google with Robert Steven Kaplan that I came across while re-evaluating my aspirations and potential for where I am today to where I want to be SOON.  I am at a place where and what I want to do with my life, career, and family.  I am trying to decide what I am most passionate about and how I want to spend my life making a difference and one that leaves a lasting legacy for my family and those I love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sY-qwEYjs0

One thing I know is that I did not think I would be looking for a new career path at the age of 50.  It has been challenging but I am looking forward to my new dream job.  The last 15 years I spent doing something I was so passionate about because it was close to home where I was able to assist former military personnel in finding new careers because I watched my dad struggle in finding a new career in his 40s thanks to his employer filing Chapter 11.

So I am spending this weekend digging deep into who I am today.  Strengths, weaknesses, passions, dream job, mentors, coaches, support circle are just some of the topics of which Robert is talking about today.

Are you living the life you thought you would be today and NOW?  I hope so but if not, what are you doing to reach your potential and dreams today?

I hope you have a safe and joy-filled weekend,

xoxoxo
Diana aka BiT


No comments: